Sep 4 2017
Popular Rapper Lil Wayne has reportedly been hospitalised in Chicago after another attack in his ongoing bout with epilepsy.
TMZ reports that Lil Wayne, (real name Dwayne Michael Carter Jr.) was hospitalized Sunday in Chicago after he was found unconscious in his hotel room at the Westin on Michigan Avenue after suffering at least one seizure.
The New Orleans emcee was rushed to Northwestern Memorial, where sources claim he suffered yet another seizure.
It is understood that the latest attack has torpedoed his scheduled Sunday night performance in Las Vegas, despite pressure from his reps to have him discharged.
Doctors reportedly advised against the discharge, saying he should be grounded for a few days.
Wayne, 34, has long suffered from the neurological disorder and has been hospitalised several times in recent years, including a six-day stay in 2013, and following an incident on a cross-country flight in 2016.
The Lollipop rapper opened up about his epilepsy, which causes recurring seizures, in 2013.
“No warning, no nothing, I don’t feel sick. I get headaches real bad. And the headaches? I didn’t get no headaches or nothing,” he said on MTV’s “RapFix Live.
Wayne, who is presently on tour, is supposed to perform at Drais Beachclub in Vegas at midnight alongside Rae Sremmurd, but there are suspicions he is still at the hospital.
- Lassa fever outbreak : Ondo govt confirms death of five persons, 24 others in critical condition
- Nollywood Actress, Empress reveals why she gets mad when younger men ‘toast’ her
- Customs seize N10million worth of smuggled fuel at Seme border
- 2019: What Buhari’s victory would mean for Igbos – Moghalu
- Too Sweet (Jesus Uto Ndu) – Don Richy ft. Mr. Xplicit (@donrich3333)
- Duncan Daniels – Hold On (@Dunkishrock)