Sep 7 2017
A professor with the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, UITH, Adegboyega Fawole, has warned couples against engaging in oral sex.
Fawole warned that Human Papiloma Virus, HPV, was discovered in the throat of people engaging in the act.
Addressing journalists in Ilorin, on Tuesday, Fawole, who is of the Department of Gynecology, explained that HPV was mostly transmitted sexually.
Fawole disclosed that the virus was responsible for most cases of cervical cancer and could cause genital warts and anal cancer.
He warned that those engaging in oral sex stand the chance of contacting oral HPV infection than those who do not engage in the act.
He said, “Oral sex has been linked with an increased risk of acquiring HPV infection in the mouth and with an increased risk of developing oral cancers that are caused by HPV.
“However, sex in general has also been linked with these risks.”
47 total views, 6 views today
TRENDING THIS WEEK!
- Music : Ayanfe – Ori Mi (prod. Princeton) @Ayanfe_official
- Music : DJ Lord – Mad Op (ft $pacely & Darkovibes) (Prod. Nxwrth & Magnom)
- India’s Manushi Chhillar wins Miss World 2017
- Music : Lilzee – Sexual Desire (Prod. by Sesho) @iamlilzee
- Banky W, Adesua Etomi’s traditional wedding holds in Lagos (Photos)
- Video : Mut4y x Wizkid – Manya