Sep 7 2017
A professor with the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, UITH, Adegboyega Fawole, has warned couples against engaging in oral sex.
Fawole warned that Human Papiloma Virus, HPV, was discovered in the throat of people engaging in the act.
Addressing journalists in Ilorin, on Tuesday, Fawole, who is of the Department of Gynecology, explained that HPV was mostly transmitted sexually.
Fawole disclosed that the virus was responsible for most cases of cervical cancer and could cause genital warts and anal cancer.
He warned that those engaging in oral sex stand the chance of contacting oral HPV infection than those who do not engage in the act.
He said, “Oral sex has been linked with an increased risk of acquiring HPV infection in the mouth and with an increased risk of developing oral cancers that are caused by HPV.
“However, sex in general has also been linked with these risks.”
13,158 total views, 7 views today
TRENDING THIS WEEK!
- Charlyboy writes President Buhari on Biafra agitation, military operations in South East
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu allegedly killed – Lawyer
- Boko Haram: Police confirm suicide attack in Borno, say 13 killed
- Jealous wife in police net for allegedly throwing babies into well
- My wife always demands money before sex – Pastor tells court
- Video : Lamboginny Ft. Olamide – Read My Lips
- Music : Fat Boi & Phlow Ft. Ceeza Milli – Adura
- Music : D’Boy (@Dboymusix) – Good Loving (PROD. Ill Touch)
- Da Diva Face Off 2017 (Facial Queen Contest)
- Music : Emmnelson Ft Feddy x Sean Blaq – Bumpa (Mix By Mullasounds)