Sep 7 2017
A professor with the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, UITH, Adegboyega Fawole, has warned couples against engaging in oral sex.
Fawole warned that Human Papiloma Virus, HPV, was discovered in the throat of people engaging in the act.
Addressing journalists in Ilorin, on Tuesday, Fawole, who is of the Department of Gynecology, explained that HPV was mostly transmitted sexually.
Fawole disclosed that the virus was responsible for most cases of cervical cancer and could cause genital warts and anal cancer.
He warned that those engaging in oral sex stand the chance of contacting oral HPV infection than those who do not engage in the act.
He said, “Oral sex has been linked with an increased risk of acquiring HPV infection in the mouth and with an increased risk of developing oral cancers that are caused by HPV.
“However, sex in general has also been linked with these risks.”
- Lassa fever outbreak : Ondo govt confirms death of five persons, 24 others in critical condition
- Nollywood Actress, Empress reveals why she gets mad when younger men ‘toast’ her
- Customs seize N10million worth of smuggled fuel at Seme border
- 2019: What Buhari’s victory would mean for Igbos – Moghalu
- Too Sweet (Jesus Uto Ndu) – Don Richy ft. Mr. Xplicit (@donrich3333)
- Duncan Daniels – Hold On (@Dunkishrock)