Sep 8 2017
No fewer than 20 persons have been feared killed in a night attack carried out by suspected gunmen at Ancha village in Bassa local government area of Plateau State.
The attack, which took place in the late hours of Thursday, left many persons injured.
The gunmen reportedly invaded the community while many residents were fast asleep, killing any person in sight.
A resident of the area told newsmen on Friday that the victims were mostly nursing mothers and children.
The spokesperson of the state police command, Terna Tyopev, who confirmed the attack, said the command was still waiting for details of the incident.
“Yes, we are aware of the attack, but we don’t have the details now.
“We are on our way to the scene of the attack to get first -hand information on the situation,” he said.
This attack came a the time residents of Damboa town, Damboa local government area, Borno State, raised the alarm over incessant attacks on them by suspected members of the Boko Haram insurgents.
The residents said insurgents had killed 21 farmers in separate locations in the area, in the last two weeks.
- Lassa fever outbreak : Ondo govt confirms death of five persons, 24 others in critical condition
- Nollywood Actress, Empress reveals why she gets mad when younger men ‘toast’ her
- Customs seize N10million worth of smuggled fuel at Seme border
- 2019: What Buhari’s victory would mean for Igbos – Moghalu
- Too Sweet (Jesus Uto Ndu) – Don Richy ft. Mr. Xplicit (@donrich3333)
- Duncan Daniels – Hold On (@Dunkishrock)