Sep 10 2017
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says 19 persons have died in a ghastly motor accident along Kano – Katsina Road.
The Public Relations Officer of the FRSC Sector Command in the state, Mr Kabir Ibrahim-Daura, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Saturday.
Kabir-Daura said that the incident occurred near Lambun Garban Bichi, on the outskirts of Bichi town, around 8:30 a.m. on Friday.
According to him, the incident happened when a Peugeot J5 bus and a Toyota C20 bus had a head-on collision when one of the drivers of the vehicles wanted to overtake the other vehicle at a sharp bend corner.
He said the two vehicles bust into flames as a result of which 18 out of the 34 passengers in the vehicles were burnt to ashes.
“There were 34 passengers on board the two vehicles, so 18 were burnt to ashes, while the other one died later in the hospital, “he said.
Kabir-Daura said the remaining 15 persons who sustained various injuries were taken to Bichi General Hospital by the Corps’ personnel for treatment.
He attributed the accident to wrong overtaking and speeding, and urged drivers to always obey traffic rules and regulations to avoid road accident on the Highways.
- Lassa fever outbreak : Ondo govt confirms death of five persons, 24 others in critical condition
- Nollywood Actress, Empress reveals why she gets mad when younger men ‘toast’ her
- Customs seize N10million worth of smuggled fuel at Seme border
- 2019: What Buhari’s victory would mean for Igbos – Moghalu
- Too Sweet (Jesus Uto Ndu) – Don Richy ft. Mr. Xplicit (@donrich3333)
- Duncan Daniels – Hold On (@Dunkishrock)