Sep 10 2017
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Thursday confirmed at least one reported Lassa fever case, in each of the 19 states in the current outbreak.
The 19 states are Ogun, Bauchi, Plateau, Ebonyi, Ondo, Edo, Taraba, Nasarawa, Rivers, Kaduna, Gombe, Cross River, Borno, Kano, Kogi, Enugu, Anambra, Kwara and Lagos.
NCDC said the outbreak was active in Ondo, Edo, Plateau, Bauchi, Ogun, Kaduna, Kwara and Lagos states.
The agency said that since the onset of the outbreak in December 2016, a total of 263 cases had been classified, 249 confirmed and 85 deaths recorded.
The report also said one new suspected case was reported in Plateau, two new confirmed cases were reported in Edo but no death recorded within the week.
There were three pending results, two from Ondo and one from Plateau, the report added.
Meanwhile, 15 persons have been confirmed to have had contact with Miss Aisha Jimoh aged 18, a patient from Kogi State who died of Lassa Fever on Monday at Irua Specialist Hospital, Edo State.
- Lassa fever outbreak : Ondo govt confirms death of five persons, 24 others in critical condition
- Nollywood Actress, Empress reveals why she gets mad when younger men ‘toast’ her
- Customs seize N10million worth of smuggled fuel at Seme border
- 2019: What Buhari’s victory would mean for Igbos – Moghalu
- Too Sweet (Jesus Uto Ndu) – Don Richy ft. Mr. Xplicit (@donrich3333)
- Duncan Daniels – Hold On (@Dunkishrock)