Sep 12 2017
A self-acclaimed rapper, Olaoluwa Owolabi, who allegedly refused to pay a total N92,800 hotel bills he incurred, has been arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
Prosecuting police officer, Friday Mameh, said the 29-year-old defendant, who lives at No. 2 Adetoyin Street, Ajah, committed the offence between August 1 and September 5, 2017 at two hotels in Lagos.
He alleged that on August 1 at Diamond View Hotel, Chevron Roundabout, Lekki, Owolabi bought drinks, food and received other services totalling N13, 600, but refused to pay his bills.
Similarly, at about 9:00 a.m. on September 5, at Strait Haven Hotel, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, the accused incurred bills totalling N79,200 and failed to pay the bills.
According to the prosecutor, the offences contravene Section 313(a) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 and punishable under same.
Mameh added that the rapper claimed to be on the record label of 234 Fusion and had 20 tracks.
Owolabi pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Magistrate B. Bakare granted the accused bail in the sum of N150,000 with two sureties in like sum.
1,509 total views, 4 views today
TRENDING THIS WEEK!
- The Entrepreneur Mind-set – A mentoring session with Ibukun Awosika
- Dieziani would not be harshly judged if she was a man – Chimamanda Adichie
- Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo can’t be wrong, tithe is compulsory – Actor Uche Maduagwu replies freeze
- Ilorin cemetery rejects corpse of civil servant killed by lightening
- Ubi Franklin blasts fan over comment about failed marriage to Lilian Esoro
- “2face is stupid, fake” – Eedris Abdulkareem [VIDEO]
- Rivers police parades 70-year-old suspected ritualist, 35 others
- ‘2019 election will not hold’ – Apostle Suleman says in fresh prophecies
- Music : Voniyke – You Are God ft Precious & Soul Xtreme (@voniyke)
- Music : Mr Bee x Tizzy – No Label