Sep 12 2017
A self-acclaimed rapper, Olaoluwa Owolabi, who allegedly refused to pay a total N92,800 hotel bills he incurred, has been arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
Prosecuting police officer, Friday Mameh, said the 29-year-old defendant, who lives at No. 2 Adetoyin Street, Ajah, committed the offence between August 1 and September 5, 2017 at two hotels in Lagos.
He alleged that on August 1 at Diamond View Hotel, Chevron Roundabout, Lekki, Owolabi bought drinks, food and received other services totalling N13, 600, but refused to pay his bills.
Similarly, at about 9:00 a.m. on September 5, at Strait Haven Hotel, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, the accused incurred bills totalling N79,200 and failed to pay the bills.
According to the prosecutor, the offences contravene Section 313(a) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 and punishable under same.
Mameh added that the rapper claimed to be on the record label of 234 Fusion and had 20 tracks.
Owolabi pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Magistrate B. Bakare granted the accused bail in the sum of N150,000 with two sureties in like sum.
- Lassa fever outbreak : Ondo govt confirms death of five persons, 24 others in critical condition
- Nollywood Actress, Empress reveals why she gets mad when younger men ‘toast’ her
- Customs seize N10million worth of smuggled fuel at Seme border
- 2019: What Buhari’s victory would mean for Igbos – Moghalu
- Too Sweet (Jesus Uto Ndu) – Don Richy ft. Mr. Xplicit (@donrich3333)
- Duncan Daniels – Hold On (@Dunkishrock)