Nov 4 2017
The 16-year-old girl, Hannah Osazuwa, who allegedly stabbed her boyfriend to death with a scissors, was on Friday arraigned at the Ebute-Meta Chief Magistrates Court, Lagos.
The suspect earlier appeared before the court on a one-count charge of murder.
Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Kehinde Omisakin, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Oct. 16 at 9.00 a.m. at No. 34, Road K, Close, Gowon Estate, Egbeda.
She said that the accused had stabbed her boyfriend, Tomide Akintewe, 20, on his chest with a pair of scissors, resulting in bleeding that claimed his life.
Omisakin said the offence contravened Section 222 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, which prescribes a death sentence for convicts.
Chief Magistrate, Mr Tajudeen Elias ordered that the case file be duplicated and sent to the office of the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPPs) while the accused should remain at the Ikoyi Prisons pending a legal advice.
The case was adjourned to Dec 12.
- 10 Standing Sex Secrets Guys Won’t Tell You
- 6 Behind-the-Scenes Game of Thrones Secrets From the Show’s Armorer
- Everything to Know About Wonder Woman 2
- Babies Are Finally Now Allowed on the Senate Floor in the U.S.
- Avicii Found Dead at Age 28
- BBNaija 2018: Don’t kill yourselves, housemates will win their money, walk away- Toyin Abraham tells viewers