Nov 14 2017
Nollywood star, Toyin Abraham (formerly known as Toyin Aimakhu) has revealed how she abused hard drugs like marijuana and codeine, and was involved in other vices.
The actress made the disclosure at the 2017 edition of Success Story Africa, held at the TLC Auditorium, Lagos.
“You need to stop bad habits. I was involved in a lot of vices and it became worse last year,” Premium Times quoted her as telling the gathering.
“I abused drugs and I am not ashamed to say it because it’s now a thing of the past. They say codeine makes you high; I took a lot. I smoked a lot and I didn’t even know I looked horrible, because I was so skinny.
“If you came to my house last year, you would meet a lot of people and you wont want to leave because we smoked, gossiped about people and what have you.
“I made a lot of mistakes when I began acting and that was because I did not have plans. I just wanted to be known.
“But, I now know that being popular isn’t the same thing as being successful. When I got into the industry and the fame became too much, I became irresponsible.
“I could not boast of N1 million in 2016. I was making money and I wanted to feel among. When one of our colleagues bought a car, it was trouble because we all strove to buy the same car or a bigger one.
“I had to change my circle for good and this change started in March 2017,” she said.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
- Mario ft. Tswag Lee – Amaka (@iamMario_official @iamTswagLee)
- ‘I Swerve You’ Hitmaker Joyce Blessing Set To Storm Nigeria With 2baba, Patoranking, Tekno, Ycee& Others on 24th August
- Nigeria’s Publiseer Gets Into University of Cape Town’s Venture Incubation Program
- Taraji P. Henson Can Read Men’s Minds in Her New Movie and the Trailer Is Hilarious
- YouTube Removes ‘The Nun’ Ad After Warning Tweet Goes Viral — Movie Ad Received Backlash
- Mozek X Levoy X G-boi – Lamba