Dec 3 2017
Delta state born singer, Harrison Okiri, popularly known as Harrysong, has explained why he recently attacked the state governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa.
The singer last week lamented the incessant communal clashes in the state.
He accused the government of not doing anything decisive to stop the wanton loss of lives.
Harrysong told Punch that “It is a cause that we are fighting but we don’t want to say anything now.
“I’m going to Delta State on Sunday (today), and I’m going to bring back the final report that we can now talk about .
“The thing is trending, and everybody has been calling me both from the state and outside. I will go to both communities that are fighting, and I will make sure that I meet with the authorities concerned. It is not an easy cause but we will face it till the end.
“The roles that we play in the lives of young people and the society at large cannot be overstated . We should speak up for our states, country and the world in general.
“Every purposeful entertainer should stand for their people to make their voices heard in the necessary places.”
- Emmebangz – She Want Nobody (@Itsemmebangz)
- Meadow Hall receives COBIS patron’s accredited member status, champions holistic development of children
- Britain reveals plan for Naira
- Ebony Reigns: Entertainers are hypocrites – John Dumelo
- Why Wizkid is special to me -Tiwa Savage
- Popular Ghanaian singer dies in auto crash