Dec 4 2017
Given the hoarding of fuel which has resulted in the scarcity of the product in Cross River, the residents in Calabar and Odukpani local government areas have capitalized on the scarcity to scoop fuel from a fallen tanker at a bad portion of the road at 12 miles.
The tanker that carried 11, 000 litres of petrol fell on Saturday and emptied it contents into gutters while hundreds of people were seen busy scooping the product.
“Following the deplorable state of road into and out of Calabar, some residents of the area have used the ill opportunity to scoop fuel from a fallen tanker in the area,” an eyewitness who gave his name as Udo Akpan said.
He further said, “With a high tension cable running directly above the tanker, any surprising fire outbreak might likely occur if no caution is taken.”
The residents and commuters of the city have complained bitterly about the devil point, now known as the point of death.
Udo again said, “This is the time for the State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, NUPENG, FRSC and other respective bodies to clear the fuel carrier so as to stop the impending danger.”
- Emmebangz – She Want Nobody (@Itsemmebangz)
- Meadow Hall receives COBIS patron’s accredited member status, champions holistic development of children
- Britain reveals plan for Naira
- Ebony Reigns: Entertainers are hypocrites – John Dumelo
- Why Wizkid is special to me -Tiwa Savage
- Popular Ghanaian singer dies in auto crash