Dec 7 2017
Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has won the 2017 Ballon d’Or prize.
The 32-year-old was named the winner of France Football’s prestigious award at a ceremony in Paris on Thursday.
Ronaldo had previously won the award in 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
In achieving this feat, the Portugal captain now draws level with Lionel Messi on five awards.
Ronaldo was favourite to win this year, after a remarkable year with the La Liga and European champions.
The Ballon d’Or, considered by many as the ultimate prize for an individual, is awarded to the best player in Europe.
Kaka was the last player other than Ronaldo or Messi to win the prestigious individual gong all the way back in 2007.
2,731 total views, 3 views today
- SARS operative allegedly kills man in Ondo over woman
- Atiku: Amaechi speaks on people leaving to APC
- Boko Haram: BBOG faults Buhari’s silence on remaining Chibok girls
- Olubadan-in-Council threatens Olubadan with dethronement threat, 21-day ultimatum
- 2019 presidency: Okorocha misquoted me on APC ticket – Tinubu
- Osinbajo, Emir Sanusi, others meet in Aso Rock