Dec 19 2017
The outgoing Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, Dr. Theresa Akande, has said that the only way Nigeria can develop through technological innovation is by allowing polytechnics to award degree certificates.
According to her, polytechnics in some Francophone African countries were allowed to award masters and doctoral degrees, adding that this accounted for why technology education was better in those countries than in Nigeria.
Akande spoke at a press conference held at the polytechnic on Monday marking the end of her tenure as the institution’s chief executive officer.
The former rector called on the federal government to rejig polytechnic education in Nigeria, so that the country could operate at the same level with other advanced countries that are making waves in the world of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
“Francophone countries like Cote D’Ivoire, Guinea Bissau and Guinea were allowed to award masters and doctoral degrees. I have been there and saw it work, so Nigeria must adopt this because no country can grow in these modern days without better technological innovation,” she said.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)
- Tangled Mercy – Starring Damola Olatunji, Omowunmi Dada and Eniola Ayo #tangledmercy @eniolaofficial1
- Timi4Mercy Feat Small Doctor – Present Sir (Prod By Glorious)
- Fpack ft Yk x Ueffa x Coalkender x Tenny Eddy – Pay Day (@FpackBeatzofficial)