Dec 29 2017
No fewer than two hundred and fifty-five (255) workers of Ladoka Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Teaching Hospital have been sacked by the management of the institution.
An internal memorandum signed by one A.M Ajiferuke, dated 27th December, 2017, a copy obtained, Thursday morning, confirmed the disengagement of workers of the teaching hospital jointly owned by Oyo and Osun States.
The list also revealed that 299 other workers of the hospital are to be redeployed to the state service, bringing the total of affected workers to 554.
The internal memo reads, “Kindly find below the list of disengaged staff as directed by the Oyo State Government and approved by the board at her meeting held on Thursday, 21st December, 2017.”
learnt that axes may also dangle on workers of LAUTECH as the owner-states begin the process of ‘weeding’.
An internal source who begged not to be named said: “The headcount was unable to commence yesterday due to flight delay. The team couldn’t fly from Lagos to Ibadan due to unfavourable weather condition”.
It was further gathered that various unions are spoil for war against the owner-states.
However, efforts made by DAILY POST to get the spokesperson of the Teaching Hospital to confirm the list proved abortive as at the time of filling this report.
But Public Relations Officer (PRO) of LAUTECH, Mr. Akin Fadeyi when called to speak on the matter said he could not comment because LAUTECH is different from LAUTECH Teaching Hospital.
Fadeyi said, “You see, there is a difference between LAUTECH and LAUTCH teaching Hospital. I don’t speak for Teaching hospital”.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
- Mario ft. Tswag Lee – Amaka (@iamMario_official @iamTswagLee)
- ‘I Swerve You’ Hitmaker Joyce Blessing Set To Storm Nigeria With 2baba, Patoranking, Tekno, Ycee& Others on 24th August
- Nigeria’s Publiseer Gets Into University of Cape Town’s Venture Incubation Program
- Taraji P. Henson Can Read Men’s Minds in Her New Movie and the Trailer Is Hilarious
- YouTube Removes ‘The Nun’ Ad After Warning Tweet Goes Viral — Movie Ad Received Backlash
- Mozek X Levoy X G-boi – Lamba