Dec 30 2017
Dr Ogbe James, an Ophthalmologist, University of Abuja Teaching Hospital on Friday said that constant washing of the face would prevent blindness.
James said this at an annual healthy talk organised by the Knights of St. Mulumba, Nigeria held at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Gwagwalada, Abuja.
According to him, the common disease condition that leads to blindness in our society include cataract, glaucoma, refractive error, xerophthalmia, tracheoma and onchocerciasis.
“The prevention of blindness involves early detection of the disease which attracts early intervention and those that are detected late can involve operation.
“The prevention of blindness involves health education like embracing basic eye hygiene like washing of face and eating of vitamin A rich diet to prevent blindness,” he said.
James also advised Nigerians to avoid self-medication and educate children to avoid playing with sharp objects.
He encouraged members to embark on preventive measures by regular eye checks in an eye clinic and by an ophthalmologist.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
- Mario ft. Tswag Lee – Amaka (@iamMario_official @iamTswagLee)
- ‘I Swerve You’ Hitmaker Joyce Blessing Set To Storm Nigeria With 2baba, Patoranking, Tekno, Ycee& Others on 24th August
- Nigeria’s Publiseer Gets Into University of Cape Town’s Venture Incubation Program
- Taraji P. Henson Can Read Men’s Minds in Her New Movie and the Trailer Is Hilarious
- YouTube Removes ‘The Nun’ Ad After Warning Tweet Goes Viral — Movie Ad Received Backlash
- Mozek X Levoy X G-boi – Lamba