Jan 3 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State; and murders of the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr. Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year.
A statement by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable”.
The president directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law.
“I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person.
“People in our communities must learn to live peacefully,” he said.
Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but to allow security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits.
He commiserated with the families of the victims and wished the injured faster recovery.
Meanwhile, Governor Wike has placed a N200million bounty on perpetrators of Omoku killings.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)
- Tangled Mercy – Starring Damola Olatunji, Omowunmi Dada and Eniola Ayo #tangledmercy @eniolaofficial1
- Timi4Mercy Feat Small Doctor – Present Sir (Prod By Glorious)
- Fpack ft Yk x Ueffa x Coalkender x Tenny Eddy – Pay Day (@FpackBeatzofficial)