Jan 4 2018
Members of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) Abeokuta Chapter, on Wednesday suspended their three-month strike
The suspension was announced by the chapter’s Chairman, Mr Kola Abiola, after a congress held at the institution’s campus to resolve the crisis between the Ogun State Government and the union.
Abiola stated that the congress decided to call off the strike following the pressure put on it by many concerned prominent personalities in the state.
“Today, we had an emergency congress and after several appeals by eminent stakeholders within and outside the state, the congress therefore decided to suspend the strike.
“The government is aware of all our key issues, all the issues which resulted in the strike are all known to the government.
“When the crisis started we actually went to prominent personalities to intervene and now that they have intervened we think it is high time we give government the room for discussion while academic activities go on.
“We have suspended the strike, and it is now left for the management to announce when academic activities will commence,” the chapter chairman said.
Abiola added that the union had never blackmailed anybody during the crisis, saying that on no occasion did MAPOLY ASUP insult the state government.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)
- Tangled Mercy – Starring Damola Olatunji, Omowunmi Dada and Eniola Ayo #tangledmercy @eniolaofficial1
- Timi4Mercy Feat Small Doctor – Present Sir (Prod By Glorious)
- Fpack ft Yk x Ueffa x Coalkender x Tenny Eddy – Pay Day (@FpackBeatzofficial)