Jan 6 2018
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has announced withdrawal from political activities in the state.
His action followed the recent killing of people in the state by suspected Fulani herdsmen.
Addressing Critical Benue Stakeholders at the Benue People’s House, Makurdi today on the renewed Fulani herdsmen invasion and Government’s efforts so far, Ortom said he would desist from attending political functions until the issue was addressed.
He said, “Henceforth, I have withdrawn from any political activity for now, till peace returns to Benue State. No one should think of 2019 for now; the year will take care of itself. I was elected to lead the living, not the dead. I’m not afraid of death.
“I would rather die defending my people. This is beyond politics, I have called all former governors of Benue, David Mark and party leaders, even in the opposition. Let us chase the fox before we scout for the chicken.”
- Emmebangz – She Want Nobody (@Itsemmebangz)
- Meadow Hall receives COBIS patron’s accredited member status, champions holistic development of children
- Britain reveals plan for Naira
- Ebony Reigns: Entertainers are hypocrites – John Dumelo
- Why Wizkid is special to me -Tiwa Savage
- Popular Ghanaian singer dies in auto crash