Jan 7 2018
Four girls who attempted swimming across a pond in Sakwaya village in Dutse Local Government Area of Jigawa State have drowned.
Command spokesman, DSP Abdu Jinjiri, said that the deceased were residents of Sakwaya village of Dutse local government area.
He gave their names as Sumayya Gadi 7, Zuwaira Abdulhamidu 12, Gaji Saidu 12 and Ummi Saidu 11.
He explained that the deceased drowned in the pond after they tried to swim on their way to fetch firewood in nearby Farantawa village of Albasu local government area of Kano state.
Jinjiri told NAN that the incident was reported to the police by the relatives of the victims around 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, after they recovered their corpses.
He said the deceased were confirmed dead at a nearby hospital stressing that the Corpses have been buried according to Islamic rites.
He advised parents and guardians in the area to monitor movement of their children and wards in order to avoid such tragedy.
- 10 Standing Sex Secrets Guys Won’t Tell You
- 6 Behind-the-Scenes Game of Thrones Secrets From the Show’s Armorer
- Everything to Know About Wonder Woman 2
- Babies Are Finally Now Allowed on the Senate Floor in the U.S.
- Avicii Found Dead at Age 28
- BBNaija 2018: Don’t kill yourselves, housemates will win their money, walk away- Toyin Abraham tells viewers