Jan 7 2018
No fewer than six people were on Saturday killed in a fresh attack on a Tiv settlement by suspected Fulani armed militia in Benue State.
A member of the community, Prince Cephas Hough told The Nation that the herdsmen, who were armed with AK 47 rifles stormed Tse- Kimbir settlement in the early hours of Saturday.
“They went from house to house and robbed the inhabitants of their valuables before shooting six people dead,” Hough said.
According to him, those killed in the attack were Kwaghve Baaki, Terhemen Kwaghve, Ioryue Tsehemba,Zahemen Tsavkuleve, Ahemba Shaku and a visitor who reportedly came from Nongov, in Guma local government area of the state.
The state Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), Moses Yamu confirmed the attack.
Yamu told The Nation “The bloody attack took place at a settlement called Tse-Kimbir in Logo local government area of the state.”
The PPRO, however, said he has not been able to ascertain the number of casualties in the attack as at the time of filling this report.
- 10 Standing Sex Secrets Guys Won’t Tell You
- 6 Behind-the-Scenes Game of Thrones Secrets From the Show’s Armorer
- Everything to Know About Wonder Woman 2
- Babies Are Finally Now Allowed on the Senate Floor in the U.S.
- Avicii Found Dead at Age 28
- BBNaija 2018: Don’t kill yourselves, housemates will win their money, walk away- Toyin Abraham tells viewers