Jan 7 2018
The former governor of Ebonyi State, senator Sam Egwu at the weekend called on governor David Umahi to handover power to Izzi clan to ensure justice and equity.
Egwu is the senator representing Ebonyi North senatorial zone in the National Assembly said Umahi should handover power to Izzi after his second tenure in office in 2023.
The ex-governor made this known during in a rally organized by Izzi clan to adopt governor David Umahi as their sole candidate in 2019 general election said for the interest of equity and justice, it is the turn of Izzi to produce the next governor of the state.
According to him “my self senator Sam Ominyi Egwu and the entire Ohaukwu people are joining the Izzi nation to ask you (governor David Umahi) to handover power to an Izzi man and that’s what we stand for” He added.
Recall that since the creation of the state in 1996, governorship position has been rotational between the 3 senatorial zones; Ebonyi North, Central and South.
However, Ebonyi North took their turn for 8 years between 1999 and 2007 with Sen. Egwu as the governor then, Ebonyi Central between 2007 to 2015 with chief Martin Elechi as the governor and now Ebonyi South is taking their turn with governor David Umahi attempting to rule for 8 years as others did.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
- Mario ft. Tswag Lee – Amaka (@iamMario_official @iamTswagLee)
- ‘I Swerve You’ Hitmaker Joyce Blessing Set To Storm Nigeria With 2baba, Patoranking, Tekno, Ycee& Others on 24th August
- Nigeria’s Publiseer Gets Into University of Cape Town’s Venture Incubation Program
- Taraji P. Henson Can Read Men’s Minds in Her New Movie and the Trailer Is Hilarious
- YouTube Removes ‘The Nun’ Ad After Warning Tweet Goes Viral — Movie Ad Received Backlash
- Mozek X Levoy X G-boi – Lamba