Jan 7 2018
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The police on Saturday confirmed the killing of 10 more people by the Fulani herdsmen in the troubled Logo Local Government Area of Benue State. The herdsmen reportedly attacked the community in the early hours of Saturday and butchered the victims in their homes.
2. A leader of Miyetti Allah cattle breeders in Benue State, Garus Gololo has said that the attacks on Benue communities by herdsmen was a reprisal for alleged theft of cows.Gololo explained that the herdsmen were only defending themselves from thieves, while claiming that over 1000 cows were stolen at Nengere when the herdsmen were moving out of Benue to Taraba state.
3. Olubunmi Okogie, Archbishop emeritus of the Catholic archdiocese of Lagos, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to retire quietly come 2019. Okogie said President Buhari has performed abysmally and does not deserve to be re-elected. He said it was an insult to Nigerians for the president to be talking about 2019 election despite the current challenges.
4.The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has again said there is no plan to increase the pump price of premium motor spirit, PMS, also known as petrol. In a statement by the Group General Manager, Public Affairs Division, of NNPC, Ndu Ughamadu, the corporation said the pump price of petrol remained N143 per litre in NNPC Retail outlets and N145 in other fuel stations, while maintaining PMS ex-depot price of N133.28k per litre to marketers.
5. The National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, has reacted to insinuations in certain quarters that he’s supporting of Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President’s presidential ambition. Tinubu’s spokesperson, Tunde Rahman has dismissed the claim, saying both Tinubu and the former Vice President belonged to different parties, hence his principal cannot support him (Atiku)
6. The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, John Odigie-Oyegun has said that the ruling party was not involved in the final compilation of board appointments that contained the names of dead Nigerians. Oyegun spoke on Saturday in Abuja while hosting journalists in his house. He, however, admitted that they sent the initial list 2 years ago, and that a lot had happened since then.
7. The Nigerian Army on Saturday confirmed that 1, 050 insurgents had surrendered to troops in Lake Chad and Monguno general area of operations. Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, Operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this in a statement in Maiduguri. Nwachukwu disclosed that 250 fighters of the Al Barnawi-led faction of the insurgents had surrendered to Nigerian Army, sequel to artillery and aerial bombardments by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole of their enclaves in Lake Chad basin.
8. The publisher of Ovation Magazine, Dele Momodu, has written an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari following speculations he may be seeking reelection come 2019.
In the long letter he shared on the social media on Saturday, Momodu pleaded with Buhari to perish the thought of continuing in power. He begged the President to please go home and rest, adding that Nigerians can no longer bear the hardship.
9. Former Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Canada and second Republic senator, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher, has attacked President Muhammadu Buhari over his continuous silence on the ongoing killings of citizens he swore to protect across the country. Hagher, who is now President African Leadership Institute USA, in an open letter addressed to Buhari, insisted that the president has betrayed the nation’s democracy and is promoting genocide.
10. The Convener of the Pan Niger Delta Forum, Chief Edwin Clark, has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari’s New Year message was not for Nigerians. He said this was because the President’s address failed to treat the big issue of restructuring. Faulting Buhari’s position on the ongoing agitations for restructuring of the country, Clark described the Presidential speech as not only wrong, but “very” disappointing.
- Burna Boy ft. Lily Allen – Heaven’s Gate (@burnaboy @lilyallen)
- D’tunes ft. Olamide – Titilailai (@Therealdtunes @olamide_YBNL)
- Video : May D – Love Overdose (@MisterMayD)
- TECNO rewards fans with Phantom 8, Christmas hampers for giving hugs
- Cabal in government: Aisha Buhari backs Misau
- How To Give A Blowjob The Right Way