Jan 18 2018
The death toll of victims of Lassa fever in Ebonyi State has risen to four, while over 139 persons have been placed under surveillance in the state.
There was also a palpable fear in the state on Thursday as even the wife of the governor Mrs. Umahi Recheal had to cancel her state function scheduled to take place in Afikpo South local government area for fear of the spread of the virus.
Addressing Journalists in Abakaliki, the state Commissioner for Health, Dr Daniel Umezurike revealed that a total of 9 cases have been confirmed, while 3 are at critical stage of treatment.
He also revealed that the virus has spread to some other states of the federation among which were Edo, Nassarawa, among others.
Umezuruke further stated that 2 among the 3 under treatment were a mother and child.
According to him: “At present the state has a total of 9 confirmed cases, 4 death and 3 others on treatment including 139 persons now under surveillance.
“Also, a mother and child have been confirmed positive and they are
presently taking treatment and this incident happened yesterday
“And at present, there are similar cases reported in other states of the federation, among which were, Edo, Nassarawa, etc.”, Dr Umezurike explained.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)
- Tangled Mercy – Starring Damola Olatunji, Omowunmi Dada and Eniola Ayo #tangledmercy @eniolaofficial1
- Timi4Mercy Feat Small Doctor – Present Sir (Prod By Glorious)
- Fpack ft Yk x Ueffa x Coalkender x Tenny Eddy – Pay Day (@FpackBeatzofficial)