Jan 22 2018
The Ondo State government has confirmed the death of five persons, with twenty four others in critical condition from the outbreak of lassa fever in the state.
Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Yemi Olowolabi confirmed that the death and the cases were recorded from four local government areas in the state.
He listed the local governments as Owo, Akoko southwest, Akure North and Akure south.
Olowolabi said government had strengthened its medical apparatus in all its specialist hospitals to contain the spread of the disease.
He noted that the isolation centre at the Federal Medical centre in Owo had also been reinforced to take adequate care of patients as part of efforts to check the spread of the disease.
The information commissioner said the government was embarking on sensitisation of the public on unhygienic habits that could aid the spread of lassa fever in the state.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Tekno – Choko (@alhajitekno)
- Everything to Know About the Movie ‘Captain Marvel’
- You Won’t Believe Where You’ve Seen the Actress Who Plays ‘The Nun’ Before
- Watch the Terrifying Trailer for Netflix’s ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ Series And Get Ready to Be Scared!
- Everything You Need to Know About the Movie ‘Downton Abbey’