Jan 22 2018
The Ondo State government has confirmed the death of five persons, with twenty four others in critical condition from the outbreak of lassa fever in the state.
Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Yemi Olowolabi confirmed that the death and the cases were recorded from four local government areas in the state.
He listed the local governments as Owo, Akoko southwest, Akure North and Akure south.
Olowolabi said government had strengthened its medical apparatus in all its specialist hospitals to contain the spread of the disease.
He noted that the isolation centre at the Federal Medical centre in Owo had also been reinforced to take adequate care of patients as part of efforts to check the spread of the disease.
The information commissioner said the government was embarking on sensitisation of the public on unhygienic habits that could aid the spread of lassa fever in the state.
- Emmebangz – She Want Nobody (@Itsemmebangz)
- Meadow Hall receives COBIS patron’s accredited member status, champions holistic development of children
- Britain reveals plan for Naira
- Ebony Reigns: Entertainers are hypocrites – John Dumelo
- Why Wizkid is special to me -Tiwa Savage
- Popular Ghanaian singer dies in auto crash