Jan 30 2018
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Following his meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, former Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has suspended his much anticipated visit to the state in order to avoid widespread violence and unrest that may result from such visit. Kwankwaso, in a statement issued through his aide and former SSG under his administration, Rabiu Bichi, said he suspended the visit after wide consultations with friends well-wishers home and abroad.
2. The leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Youths Renaissance has reacted to the scathing remarks made against President Muhammadu Buhari by the General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare. The group, which threatened to expose the cleric, said Pastor Bakare had formed the habit of constantly criticizing the government without providing single solution to the numerous problems facing the country.
3. Report says no fewer than twenty Fulani herdsmen have arrived Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital. According to the herdsmen, they were in the state to “settle and graze”.
This was made known by the Ogun State Police Command in a statement on Monday through its spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi. Oyeyemi said the herdsmen have been profiled and that though anyone was free to reside in any part of the country, the condition under which the herdsmen came into the city called for caution.
4. Minister of Communications, Adebayo Shittu, has claimed that former president, Olusegun Obasanjo was shortchanging Nigerians by asking President Muhammadu Buhari to forget seeking re-election in 2019. He accused Obasanjo of engaging in sensationalism which he said had been his stock in trade for the past 30 years.
5. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has described the naming of President Muhammadu Buhari as African Union (AU) anti-corruption champion as laughable. The party described the honour as Africa’s joke of the year. National Publicity Secretary of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement, said it was embarrassing that the Presidency, in its desperation to launder its already soiled image, would resort to exporting its deceptive proclivities to the international arena.
6. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari was ready to give up power if such would make Nigeria to move forward. He, however, maintained that no politician currently in the country can defeat President Buhari in an election.
7. The Government of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has rubbished Obasanjo’s statement on Buhari’s second term, saying he won’t waste his time to read the special statement by former President. He said the text of the statement was too long. He said Obj was entitled to his own opinion.
8. Ahead of the 2019 general elections, a former governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, has told Nigerians to avoid the mistake they made during the 2015 election. Musa, who noted that Nigeria is in a desperate situation as credible leaders are in short supply in the North and across the country, called for the right judgment.
9. An Abuja-based herbalist, 38-year-old Emmanuel Chigozie, has been arrested in the Nyanya area of the Federal Capital Territory for allegedly selling a baby to a female client for N650,000. Report says he was arrested by operatives of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and the Department of State Services on Saturday after weeks of surveillance.
10. It has been reported that a middle-aged major in the Nigerian Army, Afisatu Ajuya, was allegedly murdered by her security guard and eight others in Ugiagbe Street, off First Ugbor Road, in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. The report claimed that the officer had returned from a journey at about 9.30pm on Saturday when she was received by her guard, said to be of Hausa extraction who mobilized other eight guards and stabbed her to death, claiming she died of fire incident.
- Emmebangz – She Want Nobody (@Itsemmebangz)
- Meadow Hall receives COBIS patron’s accredited member status, champions holistic development of children
- Britain reveals plan for Naira
- Ebony Reigns: Entertainers are hypocrites – John Dumelo
- Why Wizkid is special to me -Tiwa Savage
- Popular Ghanaian singer dies in auto crash