Feb 7 2018
Kassim Afegbua, the spokesperson of a former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, has revealed his encounter with the Nigerian police on Wednesday.
Afegbua told reporters in Abuja that the police had apologised to him, adding that he had also withdrawn the lawsuit against the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA and the Channels Television.
The police through its Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, said he was wanted for giving false statement.
Afegbua stormed the Force Headquarters with his lawyer, Kayode Ajula on Wednesday.
Shortly after his release, Afegbua addressing journalists said, “Incidentally, it became a very fair discussion; the Police said there was a mix up somewhere, to have warranted me been declared wanted and they apologized.
“They said the Police are for the people, in a democracy, it is their responsibility to be there for the people, not to intimidate, not to harass me.
“That they didn’t intend to harass me, they didn’t intend to intimidate me, of course, you know we have a case in court, my lawyers will advise what steps we are going to take.”
“I have withdrawn Channels and NTA as respondents to the suit this morning,” he said, maintaining that Idris and Jimoh were the remaining respondents.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
- Mario ft. Tswag Lee – Amaka (@iamMario_official @iamTswagLee)
- ‘I Swerve You’ Hitmaker Joyce Blessing Set To Storm Nigeria With 2baba, Patoranking, Tekno, Ycee& Others on 24th August
- Nigeria’s Publiseer Gets Into University of Cape Town’s Venture Incubation Program
- Taraji P. Henson Can Read Men’s Minds in Her New Movie and the Trailer Is Hilarious
- YouTube Removes ‘The Nun’ Ad After Warning Tweet Goes Viral — Movie Ad Received Backlash
- Mozek X Levoy X G-boi – Lamba