Apr 21 2018
It’s been less than a year since the first Wonder Woman debuted and shattered records, hearts, and Ares, but now it’s time to start talking about the Wonder Woman sequel, which really needs to happen faster. There’s just not enough existing footage of Diana Prince running through battlefields stopping bullets with her bracelets and that needs to be remedied as soon as possible. Here, a complete roundup of everything there is to know about Wonder Woman 2.
1. It will premiere Nov. 1, 2019. That’s a long time from now, yes, but if you’re desperate for DC content, you can also see Aquaman in December 2018 and Shazam! in April 2019. You never know where Diana Prince might make a cameo!
2. Patty Jenkins is back as the director. Warner Bros. confirmed her return in Sept. 2017. In case you’ve forgotten, Wonder Woman quickly became the highest-grossing female-directed movie of all time. Wouldn’t it be delightful if Jenkins got to break her own record?
3. Kristen Wiig will play the villain Cheetah. After rumors about this started swirling, Jenkins confirmed the news via Twitter. It’s not known which version of the Cheetah character Wiig will play, but ~speculation~ is that she’ll be the heiress and archaeologist Barbara Ann Minerva.
4. It might be set during the Cold War, and it’s definitely set in the United States. Nothing’s confirmed about the timeline, but thus far reports and rumors have indicated that the movie will happen during the 1980s. “The story will take place in the U.S., which I think is right,” Jenkins told Entertainment Weekly. “She’s Wonder Woman. She’s got to come to America. It’s time.”
5. There are rumors and theories about how Chris Pine could be back as Steve Trevor. Diana’s strapping boyfriend Steve Trevor — spoiler alert — died in the first movie, but you really never know with comic books. Just because he blew himself up doesn’t mean he’s dead dead. Maybe he went to another dimension or an alternate universe. Maybe he time traveled. Maybe he got rescued by some other superhero. It ain’t over till Steve Trevor’s dead body is produced and his baby blue eyes are removed for historic preservation.
6. Regardless, there’s going to be some sort of romance. In a Variety podcast, Jenkins said that there’s a “great love story again and a couple new unbelievable characters who I’m so excited about, who are very different than were in the last movie.” It’s not clear whether this means Diana’s getting a new love interest or not, but if she does get one who isn’t Reincarnated Steve Trevor, it better be a woman.
7. Jenkins is working on the script with Geoff Johns and David Callaham. Johns is the president and chief creative officer of DC Entertainment, and Callaham is the screenwriter responsible for The Expendables and the most recent Godzilla movie.
8. Shooting is set to begin in summer 2018. Producer Charles Roven told Comicbook.com that shooting would begin in the summer months, pending the completion of the screenplay. “We have a good story to tell,” he said.
9. It will be the first movie to use the Producers Guild of America’s new anti-harassment guidelines. Created following the wave of sexual harassment and assault accusations against various Hollywood figures, the guidelines include recommendations about things like anti-harassment training at the start of productions, better reporting procedures, and awareness of potential retaliation against employees who report incidents.
10. Pedro Pascal is going to play…something. Pedro, perhaps best known for his work as Oberyn Martell on Game of Thrones, has joined the cast in a “key role.” No one knows what role that might be, but whatever it is, it’ll probably be sexy.
11. Lynda Carter, who played Wonder Woman on the ’70s TV show, may appear in the movie. During an interview on the TODAY show, Lynda said that she’s been talking to Patty Jenkins about joining the sequel. “That is up to Patty Jenkins,” she said in April. “She’s given me some hints about it and I guess it’s up to Warner Bros. if they want to spend the money…It really is up to Patty, and if it works in an organic way it’ll be great fun and it’ll be wonderful to do.”
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)
- Tangled Mercy – Starring Damola Olatunji, Omowunmi Dada and Eniola Ayo #tangledmercy @eniolaofficial1
- Timi4Mercy Feat Small Doctor – Present Sir (Prod By Glorious)
- Fpack ft Yk x Ueffa x Coalkender x Tenny Eddy – Pay Day (@FpackBeatzofficial)