May 19 2018
Here’s a secret: There’s no difference between falling in love and being in love. It’s not like falling off a cliff, which is terrifying because you know you’ll eventually hit the ground and probably die. Falling in love is like falling into something that has no floor. It is great and exhilarating and a teensy bit scary, but mostly great, and when you feel it, you should allow yourself to enjoy it. Here are 25 of the best things about falling in love.
1. You don’t feel constantly anxious about getting hurt. A lot of times, people think feeling like someone could really hurt them means they really like someone. Which may be true, but it isn’t love. No one who loves you will want to make you feel like you’re at risk of getting hurt.
2. It feels super easy. Yes, relationships take work. But when you’re falling in love with someone, it’s at least work you want to be doing. Which isn’t really work at all.
3. You don’t have to plan your dates around fun activities. Because you have just as much fun sitting together and doing nothing as you would riding a roller coaster together. Or something like that. You get it.
4. You talk about things you’ll do together in the future, without realizing you’re talking about the future. It’s not weird to talk about that concert that’s in three months or the trip you want to take to the beach this summer around him, because he’ll be around to go with you.
5. When you say, “I miss you,” it’s because you really do miss him after only a day apart. It’s not just a cute thing to say, it’s a real ache that says he’s a part of your life now.
6. You can’t remember the last time you thought about your ex. Things with your guy now are so good you can’t be bothered with whatever’s in the past.
7. Things you usually hate seem OK — and even fun — if you’re doing them with him. Riding a roller coaster you’re terrified of? Fine, as long as he holds your hand and promises not to laugh at how you scream.
8. You’re comfortable with making little sacrifices for him. You wouldn’t put off your responsibilities for him, but if he’s sick and needs you to help take care of him instead of going to brunch one morning, you’re totally cool with that.
9. He’s the “something good” you think about when everything else is really rough. Work is driving you crazy, but at least you’ve got him to cheer you up when you get home.
10. You feel safe when you’re around him. It’s hard to describe this feeling, but it really is the best thing in the world. Like nothing bad can happen.
11. You’re comfortable enough around him to make bad jokes and be your fully weird self. You might’ve been trying to impress him before, but now you’re cool to hum around the kitchen and wear your pants tucked into your socks when he comes over.
12. You keep seeing things out in public that you know he’d love. Stuff you used to walk by every day suddenly has David’s name all over it.
13. He’s your person. When something really good or really bad happens, he’s who you go to first.
14. You’re not worried about “scaring him off.” You’re comfortable enough to cry in front of him or show him huge, slightly embarrassing collection of Beanie Babies (that you swear could be worth a fortune one day), because you feel secure that he’s not going anywhere at the drop of a hat.
15. Little things, like going to the grocery store, are better when he’s around. A walk down the cereal aisle can be a very romantic date if you’re with the right person.
16. He annoys the hell out of you, but you still want to be around him. “I love you, but I don’t like you right now,” is something you’re almost ready to say.
17. You don’t freak out if he doesn’t text back right away. All that “does he like me back” anxiety is gone, and you finally have enough chill to be OK with his slow texting.
18. When he’s sad, you’re genuinely sad too. You feel his pain and he feels yours.
19. You’re actually entertained by his cute AF childhood photos. And you actually like listening to his long, rambly stories. Just hanging out and talking about anything is fun.
20. You’d rather stay in and do nothing with him than go out. “Started staying in and going out less” is your new mantra, and it’s totally OK with you.
21. You want to show him all of your favorite things. Not because you want them to be his favorite things too, but because you want him to know you better than anyone else.
22. You have to restrain yourself from talking about him with your friends all the time. If you could you’d gush about this guy constantly. But out of respect for your friends and their sanity, you hold back (a little).
23. You’ve started thinking about introducing him to your family. Because you genuinely want to know how he fits in around them.
24. You regularly catch yourself doing deep dives of his Instagram. And the best part is you aren’t even scared of accidentally liking a photo, because you’re past the point of feeling like you’ll freak him TF out if you do.
25. You want to do things you’ve already done again so he can be there with you this time. Time to take a return trip to the Grand Canyon so you can kiss while the sun goes down and not care how cute or gross you look — you’re in love, dammit! And you don’t care who knows.
Follow Larry Titus on Twitter.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)
- Tangled Mercy – Starring Damola Olatunji, Omowunmi Dada and Eniola Ayo #tangledmercy @eniolaofficial1
- Timi4Mercy Feat Small Doctor – Present Sir (Prod By Glorious)
- Fpack ft Yk x Ueffa x Coalkender x Tenny Eddy – Pay Day (@FpackBeatzofficial)