May 19 2018
A Federal High Court in Owerri, Imo state, has ordered the All Progressives Congress (APC) to refrain from conducting Saturday’s state congress or any other congress in Imo, pending the determination of a suit filed by Barrister Mbagwu Augustine and four others against the APC and 10 others.
The order was served on the APC late Friday.
In the Motion Exparte filed on Thursday, the plaintiffs sought “an order of interim injunction restraining the 1st to 10th Defendants, their privies, servants, agents or any one acting on their behalf or any organ of the AlI Progressives Congress from holding a local government area congress of the All Progressives Congress or any other congress in Imo State pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction”.
The court, presided over by Justice A. Lewis Allagoa ordered that, “the respondents are hereby ordered to appear in court on the next adjourned date to show cause why the order should not be granted.
“That time is hereby abridged to order that the returned date shall be 22nd May, 2018, provided that the respondents are served 48 hours before then; that all parties in the matter should maintain status quo ante bellum; that the matter stands adjourned to the 22nd day of May, 2018”.
Governor Okorocha has been having a running battle with some stakeholders of the APC in the state regarding the ward and local government congresses.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)
- Tangled Mercy – Starring Damola Olatunji, Omowunmi Dada and Eniola Ayo #tangledmercy @eniolaofficial1
- Timi4Mercy Feat Small Doctor – Present Sir (Prod By Glorious)
- Fpack ft Yk x Ueffa x Coalkender x Tenny Eddy – Pay Day (@FpackBeatzofficial)