Sep 20 2018
Marvel is finally making a female-led superhero movie — Captain Marvel, about Air Force pilot/space superhero Carol Danvers — and if their statements are to be believed, it’s coming out in less than a year. It’s only taken a decade for this to happen! (I’m counting from the first Iron Man, so as not to get too depressed.) Here’s a roundup of everything we know so far.
1. It’s coming out in 2019. On March 8, to be specific. The movie was originally scheduled for July 2018, then got bumped to November 2018, and now — prayer hands — March 8 is the final, official release date.
2. Brie Larson is playing Carol Danvers. Marvel announced the news back in July 2016, and since then, Brie has been training crazy hard and learning about the Air Force (Carol Danvers, aside from being a superhero, is also a kick-ass pilot). In January 2018, Brie visited an Air Force base in Nevada and met with Brigadier General Jeannie Leavitt, who Brie says helped her “get closer to the core [of] Carol Danvers.”
Give yourself a few seconds to freak out over Captain Marvel literally falling out of the sky and into Blockbuster Video. Then give yourself a few more seconds to freak out over how amazing everything looks, from Captain Marvel’s costume to those flashbacks of her killing it as a U.S. Air Force Fighter pilot.
Listen To – I Don’t Care By Simi
Video Of The Week
- 10 Scariest Horror Movies on Netflix
- Everything You Need to Know About ‘Halloween’ Before You See ‘Halloween’
- These Horror Movie Villains Will Give You Nightmares for the Rest of Your Life
- Benny Young Africa – Gbona Part 2 ft. Burna Boy
- Video: D’blaze (@itz_dblaze) – Wetin My Eyes Don See
- Ability Joe – Holy Spirit (@joewarship)